Rationale for Movie Season.

Brief title

Five 10 second TV idents promoting a season of Romantic Comedies from the 90's.

Subject & Rationale

After conducting a questionnaire, the 90's seemed to be where all the favourite Romantic Comedies were made, including Pretty Woman, You've Got Mail, Notting Hill and The Wedding Singer. I feel that these are the best Romantic Comedies ever made, and this is how I want to promote them.

Obviously the Audience will be strictly female. I would like to concentrate on a more younger generation, convincing them that the 90's was the decade where the best Romantic Comedies were made, and that they still are the best. The age range of around 14-24. Obviously, these films will appeal to the older generation too, however, I feel that these films are already known as great films to them, and they don't need convincing to watch them.

I would like to concentrate a fair bit on the humorous side to the genre, and then adding in that little bit of romance. I don't want it to be full of soppy red hearts as it becomes slightly silly and childish. Given the audience, it needs to be vibrant, colourful, humorous, playful and have that 'feel good' factor to is as most Romantic Comedies do have.

Design Directions

I don't want to limit my colour palette too much as I feel it needs to be colourful and vibrant to make it fun, however, I don't want to over do it, so they will be kept to a minimum. My fonts will be kept to that of the films, which seems to be bold, sans serif. My designs will be very simple and vectorised keeping to that clean, crisp feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment