'What I want to/don't want to do' statements.

What I do want to do and why?

- Branding and identity design - this is something I've done before and enjoyed. I want to become better at it.

- Design agency/studio visits - gain professional input and contacts.

- Editorial design and layouts - it's one of my main interests and I need more experience and pieces for my portfolio.

- A printed portfolio - have something physical to look through when visiting designers.

- Work in an open studio - in order to continue 'feeding' off other designers.

- Collaborations - to see how other people work and learn from it.

- Printing processess - in order to show my understanding of them.

- Make decisions faster - to reach an appropriate outcome sooner.


What I don't want to do and why?

- Motion graphics/animation - I find it hard to visualise how things can move and don't enjoy storyboarding.

- Image and illustration - though I appreciate it, it's not something I find easy/enjoyable to do. I have other stronger interests.

- Work in an office - working around other people inspires me.

- The coding and building of websites - though I like designing websites, working with coding is beyond my abilities and not one of my top priorities to learn.

- Information graphics - again, I have stronger interests.

- Hand crafted design - other people are a lot better at it than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment